To preserve and enhance the rule of law in El Dorado County by providing all persons a fair, efficient, and accessible forum for resolving disputes, protecting public safety, and righting wrongs.
Self-Help Workshops & Clinics
South Lake Tahoe Services
Placerville Branch Services
Self-Represented Litigant Clinic Schedule
Legal Services of Northern California provides free legal assistance to consumers representing themselves in civil case types, as listed under the General Information section. Services are provided every Tuesday and Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. at the El Dorado County Law Library located at 550 Main St., Placerville, California. Please be aware that the morning clinic often fills up very early, sometimes by 9:00 a.m., and check in for the afternoon session ends at 3:00 p.m.
Family Law Information Center Workshops
All workshops are at the El Dorado County Law Library at 550 Main Street, Placerville, California 95667, telephone (530) 621-6423. You must arrive on time. Please bring copies of the orders and/or pleadings in your case, proof of income for the last 12 months, and anything else provided below for the workshop.
- Divorce Workshop: To open a new divorce case or respond to a divorce petition
- Every Thursday at 9 a.m. at the Law Library (550 Main Street, Placerville, CA 95667)
- If you and your spouse have children together, bring a list of the addresses of the children for the past 5 years.
- If you are responding to a divorce petition, bring a copy of the papers that were served on you.
- Financial Disclosures Workshop: To complete one of the necessary steps in the divorce process
- Every Thursday at 11:00 am at the Law Library (550 Main Street, Placerville, CA 95667)
- Bring a list of all the assets and debts acquired by the parties during the marriage, and proof of your income for the last 12 months (W2 or tax return for the prior year and 3 most recent paystubs).
- Final Judgment Workshop: To complete the final judgment paperwork
- By appointment only on Thursdays at 2:00 pm
- "Represent Yourself" Workshop: Learn about the court process and how to gather evidence (i.e., conduct discovery), develop a legal strategy, write declarations, and advocate for yourself in court
- Every Tuesday at 2:30 pm at the El Dorado Superior Court, 495 Main Street, Placerville, California
Walk-in Self Help Services
Self-represented individuals may seek free assistance from the Family Law Facilitator/Self-Help Attorney with issues related to child and spousal support, custody and visitation, paternity, divorce, property division, and other family law matters on a first-come, first-serve basis on the following days and times:
- Every Tuesday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Every Wednesday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Every Friday from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
These services are provided at the El Dorado Superior Court at 495 Main Street, Placerville, California. To obtain assistance, come to the courthouse and place your name on the sign-in sheet hanging outside the Family Law Facilitator/Self-Help Attorney’s door. Individuals seeking assistance with opening a new divorce case or responding to a divorce petition should attend the workshops described above.
Directions to the Placerville Law Library: From Hwy 50, exit on Bedford Street and proceed south one block to Main Street. Turn left onto Main Street and proceed east one block. Law Library is located on the south side of Main Street at 550 Main St., Placerville, California.
South Lake Tahoe Services
Self Represented Litigant Clinic
Providing free legal assistance in English & Spanish. to consumers representing themselves in civil case types, as listed under the General Information section.
Walk-in Services Provided:
All Walk-in Services are located at the El Dorado County Superior Court, 1354 Johnson Blvd., Department 11, South Lake Tahoe, California
Appointment Only Services Provided:
For family law cases involving children, services are provided Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday by appointment, between the hours of 9:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m., located at the El Dorado County Superior Court, 1354 Johnson Blvd., 1st Floor (next to Department 12), Family Law Facilitator's Office, South Lake Tahoe, California.
For an appointment call the Family Law Facilitator at (530) 573-3066.
El Dorado County Superior Court, 1354 Johnson Blvd., South Lake Tahoe, California. Map