Superior Court of California, County of El Dorado

Our Mission

To preserve and enhance the rule of law in El Dorado County by providing all persons a fair, efficient, and accessible forum for resolving disputes, protecting public safety, and righting wrongs.

Civil & Probate Tentative Rulings

Pursuant to Local Rules 2.00.10 and 2.00.11 Judicial Assignments for Civil and Probate are as follows:

All Western Slope civil filings subject to the provisions of the Trial Court Delay Reduction Act, writs of mandate or prohibition, civil harassment restraining orders, probate, conservatorships, guardianships and small claims appeals shall be filed at 3321 Cameron Park Dr., Cameron Park, CA 95682. All of the mentioned filings shall be automatically assigned to Judge Warren C. Stracener, Department 9, for all purposes. This assignment shall apply to all pretrial matters and trial.

All South Lake Tahoe civil filings subject to the provisions of the Trial Court Delay Reduction Act and probate filed at 1354 Johnson Blvd., South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150 shall be automatically assigned upon filing to Judge Steven C. Bailey, Department 4, for all purposes. This assignment shall apply to all pretrial matters and trial.

Civil and probate tentative rulings will be posted to this Web site after 1:30 p.m. on the day before the hearing date.

Law and Motion Tentative Ruling Appearances

No appearances are necessary unless the tentative ruling states that appearances are required. If the ruling requires appearances, telephonic appearances are permitted unless the ruling indicates that personal appearances are required.

If a telephonic appearance has been permitted by the ruling or otherwise authorized by the Court, the telephonic appearance may be arranged by contacting Court Call at (310) 342-0888 or (888) 882-6878. Court Call must be contacted no later than 5:00 p.m. on the day prior to the hearing.

Oral Argument

No oral argument will be permitted unless counsel has read the full text of the tentative ruling. Any party objecting to the tentative ruling and requesting oral argument must notify the Court by 4:00 PM on the day prior to the hearing by calling the Court Department where the matter is scheduled to be heard. Click here for contact information. Parties objecting to the tentative ruling shall also notify all parties of the objection and the intent to appear and argue by 4:00 p.m. on the day prior to the hearing. If you are requesting oral argument regarding the tentative ruling, you must either appear in person or appear via court call.

Oral argument will generally be permitted only where the ruling sustains a demurrer without leave to amend, rulings on motions for summary judgment or summary adjudication, rulings dismissing an action, writ petitions, default prove-ups, or rulings in which sanctions have been imposed.

Argument on discovery motions is ordinarily not permitted unless sanctions have been imposed.

Argument in all other cases is discretionary with the Court; if the Court requests to hear oral argument, the tentative ruling will state that appearances are required. Matters on the Law and Motion Calendar are set for no more than a total of fifteen (15) minutes for argument. If a party is requesting oral argument that will last more than 15 minutes, please call the court and provide the clerk with three (3) mutually agreed upon dates. Time permitted, the court may also hear arguments lasting more than 15 minutes on the Law & Motion calendar. If the court is unable to hear arguments, a further hearing will be set. Parties and counsel should have calendars available to confirm upcoming dates.

Civil Law & Motion and Probate Minute Orders

Civil Law & Motion and Probate minute orders will be mailed for the following: OSC re: sanctions, OSC re: contempt or matters taken under submission after oral argument or briefing. Counsel or parties may request copies of all other minute orders either at the clerk's office or in writing. If a request is in writing, a self-addressed stamped envelope and the appropriate fee for copies must be submitted.

NOTE: Every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the documents placed on the web site, but the court is not responsible for delays, errors or omissions in these web pages. The official court documents are those filed with the case record, and any questions should be directed to the department where the hearing is set.